The consecutive interpretation algorithm can be described in three words: “listen”, “translate”, “speak”. The speaker makes pauses during his or her speech that are filled with interpretation. Fragments of the text can be short or long, depending on the logical flow and presentation of information to the audience. Therefore, in planning the duration of the event, event planners should take into account the time required for consecutive interpretation.
Let’s discuss your project
We will help you get the best quality for the best price.
We translate for such industries
Why Choose Us
0 customers from Forbes
in the TOP-100 list
in the market
0+ best linguists
each tested and contracted
0 international offices
in Kyiv and New York
0+ law firms
Ukrainian and international
Task Force Company is our reliable partner that provides invaluable assistance in translating medical documents and questionnaires requested by hospitals. This is assistance not only to the foundation but, first of all, to our beneficiaries – children, their parents, and attending doctors.
We contact translation agencies when there is a need to translate a large document quickly. Task Force monitors the work of several translators online, ensuring the consistency of terms and compliance with glossaries; as a result, the translated document is consistent, with no need for further proofreading and later edits.
DLA Piper International Law Firm
The choice was made in favor of Task Force, because I really liked the management, what questions they ask, and how deep they dig. We got a high-quality result in a very short time.
Ecosoft Water Purification Production Company
If we characterize Task Force in one sentence, we can say that it is a unity of complex professional terms, correctly translated, and a beautiful presentation – when you can read it and be inspired.
Evris Law Firm
There are many international companies in our client pool, so we often need translations with a deadline of yesterday. The advantage of Task Force is flexible pricing and quality. This is what allows you to always stay with the company. In the area of financial investigations, confidentiality comes first, so we need to be confident in the partner we work with.
Kreston Audit Company
For many years, the Task Force Team has been efficiently and timely performing translations from and into many languages of the world. The company meets all our requirements for the design and translation of documentation, especially those related to the registration of drugs. And also, they translate large documents over a short period of time.
Yuriya Pharm Pharmaceutical Company
The Task Force Team has been our reliable partner in both translation services of pharmaceutical, legal, marketing, etc., as well as notarization services since 2015. We require high-quality and timely translations, and with Task Force, we are confident that we will get what we need and when it is due.
Acino Pharmaceutical Company
Interpretation is necessary at high-level meetings, negotiations, conferences (internal and external) that involve foreigners. And if earlier the offline format was the most common option, then during the pandemic, a significant part of events was reformatted to an online or hybrid format – offline provision and online reproduction at the same time.
In the case of consecutive interpreting, no equipment is required at offline events, but for online events, you will definitely need a high-quality headset and a stable Internet connection.
Specialization of a consecutive interpreter
Task Force has over 10 years of practical experience in providing consecutive interpretation in various formats of events:
- business meetings and negotiations;
- presentations of goods and services, exhibitions;
- press conferences, round tables, interviews;
- scientific conferences, lectures, seminars;
- installation and commissioning works at enterprises;
- investigative actions involving the citizens of other countries and many others.
We know for sure that excellent knowledge of a foreign language is not enough to provide a high-level service. Translation in economic, legal, pharmaceutical, medical, technical, and many other highly specialized topics requires specialist education, knowledge of terminology, and work experience. Our team includes translators with extensive experience in various industries and scales of events. And depending on the specifics, the price of consecutive interpretation may vary. But even the most experienced interpreter can under-deliver without careful preparation for providing consecutive interpreting. Therefore, we always ask clients to provide materials (whether that be presentations of speeches, brochures about the company, specifications of the equipment that will be discussed at the meeting, etc.) for preparation in advance, so that the interpreter can familiarize himself or herself, work out the terminology, and ask questions.
A short check-list for ordering consecutive interpretation
– Make sure to choose the most appropriate interpreting format for your event: consecutive interpreting or simultaneous interpreting;
– discuss with the manager of the translation company the need to use hybrid interpretation: offline and online at the same time.
– specify the time of the interpreter’s work and the number of specialists required depending on the topics and duration of the event, as well as language pairs (you may need several interpreters);
– agree on a budget based on the specialization of the interpretation, duration of the event and location. It is important to note that the price of the minimum order for consecutive interpretation is calculated starting from 4 hours offline and 2 hours online in accordance with the standards of the Ukrainian translation market. But if we are talking, for example, about short negotiations, make sure to check the possible options for providing the service with the manager. We at Task Force often deal with unusual requests and will make every effort to solve your problem.
– discuss with event planners the need to provide a list of materials in advance for the preparation of a consecutive interpreter for the event.
– explain that the speakers need to make pauses during their speeches;)
We at Task Force pay attention to every detail and we will be happy to arrange high-quality interpretation online or offline.